2024-OCT-01 Info: We're celebrating 10 years of our small community, and our 100th Mix(ing) Challenge. Many games to participate in this month - please have a look.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

To quickly answer your question:
drunk-ffx wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2024 20:35 CEST
Was my entry dq'ed, because I didn't write reviews, or because it wasn't sleected for next round or something?
Your entry was not disqualified.

Although you did mention, that you used time stretching to "align" all tracks - which wasn't necessary (there are DAW's that do not consolidate from bar 1 to the final bar marker you've selected, but rather to the last audio event only). I triple check this even with every Multi-Track Mix Package. This was the only comment to your entry on the Statistic Sheet.

However, as the nature of this scenario goes, the "client" did not select your entry for Mix Round 2.

Want to know more what the Statistic Sheet is actually telling you, there is an extensive article in the Rule Book section:
Mix Challenge - Addendum: Statistic Sheet and Wild Card Mechanic
Spyart

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Spyart »

where is the client btw? :-)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

The Song Provider and I are in contact. We're still within established time frames for how each game is run.

We appreciate your patience. An update will arrive soon.
Isa

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Isa »

Thank you to all the contestants for joining the mixing challenge. I was impressed by many of the contestants and it was hard to narrow down to just three contestants. The following contestants had impressed me the most and I wanted to say some comments on their songs.

Winners Podium
1.Madmov
2.JanLefr
3.EastparkSound

Comments
@Madmav
Congratulations to MadMav! I personally didn’t think I would like this mix as much as I did. But after some revisions to the pitch correction, I really heard the distortion on the bass guitar do some awesome work.

@JanLefr
JanLefr’s mix was a bit interesting, and gotta say the introduction of the song really caught me off-guard, and gave it more of a psychedelic vibe. After some revisions to the pitch correction, I could definitely hear this on an indie pop record.

@EastPark
EastPark’s mix was a bit more minimalistic. But for some reason it just seemed like the volume of each instrument was perfect. Any effects seemed quite minimal and there were just a lot of small effects that I appreciated throughout.

Should you still consider working on your mix, maybe the following
feedback might help. You all did an amazing job. Please keep it up.

► Show Spoiler
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

First and foremost, congratulations to the winners!
We are ending the game here, there will be no Mix Round 3.

:arrow_right: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @MadMav .....(entries: Mix Round 1, Mix Round 2)
  2. @JanLefr .....(entries: Mix Round 1, Mix Round 2)
  3. @Eastpark Sound .....(entries: Mix Round 1, Mix Round 2)

:arrow_right: For learning purposes:
Here are the Statistic Sheets for Mix Round 2
Mix Round 2 - Overview of Submissions (PDF - updated: 24-SEP-2024 05:50 UTC+2/CEST, full sheet)

We perform with the usual - in order of the winners podium (first to last spot), please select one license out of the pool and mention it in this thread, then (important) get in touch with me via PM with your full name, email address and your plugin selection. If one company has been selected, it is not available for the rest of the podium anymore.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly.

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
Important Information:
As part of a new collaboration with Hornet Plugins, you are allowed to select either 2 plugins at a maximum value of 20 EUR MSRP for both, or one individual plugin of choice from the whole available plugin range (bundles are exempt).

Due to time constraints, I could not make a bigger announcement about this yet. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.
And thank you @Isa for the final words of feedback and encouragement.

Please check out Songwriting Competition 085 -- this month's theme is "Silent Screams" and the genre is "free to select" (08 entries so far, we're within the final 24 hours).

See you on the flipside.
JanLefr
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC099 August 2024 - Winners announced

Post by JanLefr »

Thank you @Isa for ranking my mix 2nd place!
Reading that you
could definitely hear this on an indie pop record
certainly means something to me :)

It was a fun challenge, thanks @Mister Fox for your effort in hosting this. Currently patiently waiting for @MadMav to make his plugin choice :phones:
drunk-ffx

Post by drunk-ffx »

Ah, thanks for clarification :)
MadMav
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by MadMav »

Hi @Isa,

Thank you for ranking my mix at #1. I had fun mixing this track and I'm glad you liked my distortion idea on the bass.

And thank you Mister Fox for all of your dedication and hard work on keeping this forum going. As for the plugin, I am choosing the Hornet SAMP.

Thank you for this opportunity,

MadMav
JanLefr
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by JanLefr »

Congrats @MadMav for your #1 mix :)

I'm choosing the Kilohearts "Sound Design Playground" Bundle!
MadMav
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by MadMav »

Thank you JanLefr. Congratulations on your #2 mix!